FINDING FREE MEALS DURING THE SUMMER
Families can use any of the following methods to locate sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
· Call 211
· Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
· Text “MEALPA” to 877877 during the summer months
· Visit the website: www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks (note, this replaces the whyhunger.org website)
· Use the site locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org
For additional information about the Summer Food Service Program please contact Mary Ringenberg at email@example.com or 717.783.6501.
Heartland Solutions will be upgrading MyLunchMoney to MySchoolBucks in June 2015.
WELCOME TO THE MUNCY SCHOOL DISTRICT FOOD SERVICE WEBSITE
• Enjoy your food, but eat less.
• Avoid oversized portions.
Foods to Increase
• Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
• Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
• Make at least half your grains whole grains
Foods to Reduce
• Compare sodium (salt) in foods like soup, bread and frozen meals, and choose foods with lower numbers.
• Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
The Muncy School District Cafeteria is part of the National School Lunch Program. The National School Lunch Program is a federally assisted meal program that provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free breakfast and lunch to school children.
School meals must meet the Dietary Guidelines of the Healthy Hunger free kids act.. These regulations establish a standard for school lunches to provide one-third of the Recommended Dietary Allowances of protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, calcium and calories.
Any questions please feel free to call or email:
Tom Kuntz - Foodservice director
Cheryl Good- Foodservice secretary